March 25, 2019
Spring Hair Repair
Spring is officially here. Ready to undo all that damage from those long Winter months? Well, we have an all-natural hair masque recipe that will help your hair look + feel its best this Spring. Here at Under The Sun we believe it’s what’s on the inside that counts. So what’s better than a do-it-yourself whipped avocado + honey hair masque? One that is made from super simple on-hand ingredients! Let’s breakdown the key ingredients in this deep conditioning treatment and what they do for your hair.
Avocado: Helps rejuvenate + moisturize the scalp. A rich source of proteins, amino acids and vitamins, avocado helps soothe the scalp and promotes strong, healthy hair growth.
Olive Oil: Helps repair dry + damaged hair. Applying olive oil to your scalp can help prevent dandruff and other scalp issues that can lead to dry, flaky skin.
Honey: Helps keep scalp + hair healthy. This natural emollient has rich antioxidant properties that prevent damage. Honey strengthens the hair follicles; curbing hair fall and also contains antibacterial + antiseptic qualities.
Lavender: Helps to deep condition + improve shine, while controlling dandruff. Oh, and it smells amazing, too!
Application: Recipe yields 1 application for shoulder-length hair. Double the recipe for mid – to long – length hair.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 Avocado, ripe, peeled + pitted
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 – 3 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- Gently blend all ingredients in a food processor or mix by hand in a small bowl until smooth. Ingredients will lighten in color when whipped.
- Apply masque with an application brush (or hands) to small sections of clean, damp hair, concentrating on the ends. Lightly massage scalp after the masque has been thoroughly applied to hair.
- Using a clip, secure hair in a bun.
- Cover hair with a shower cap.
- Add heat by using a blow-dryer for 15 minutes or sit in the sun for 30 minutes.
- Rinse hair thoroughly and then shampoo and condition.
If you are not a DIY-er or would like to try our all-natural hair care products, you can shop Under The Sun’s collection here: AlwaysUnderTheSun.com/shop